[Standards] XEP-0375: View from Openfire

Sam Whited sam at samwhited.com
Tue Jul 12 16:31:40 UTC 2016

On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 11:23 AM, Dave Cridland <dave at cridland.net> wrote:
> Sure, we do. But nobody can implement MIX right now, so it's a waste of time
> trying to put it into a Compliance Suite as anything more than a mention
> that we're expecting it to be in the next revision, perhaps.

It's already in there, so I don't see it as a waste of time, that's a
sunk cost :)

If someone came out with a server that only supported MIX (and not
MUC) tomorrow, I would see no reason not to call them compliant since
they support group chat (which is the "feature" that MIX/MUC are
listed under), so I see no reason why we shouldn't include it unless
we're suggesting that you really do *have* to have MUC specifically
and not just "group chat"?

—Sam

--
Sam Whited