[Standards] UPDATED: XEP-0369 (Mediated Information eXchange (MIX))

Georg Lukas georg at op-co.de
Fri Sep 2 16:11:28 UTC 2016

Hey Steve,

thanks for keeping up with all our requests :)

* Steve Kille <steve.kille at isode.com> [2016-09-02 18:06]:
> > A consequence of this is that messages HAVE to go to the bare JID.
> >
> > I suggest that this very rationale and the related fundamental design decision
> > of MIX should be put into the XEP.
>
> I have updated the requirements to reflect these points.

While you are at it, please also clarify how PAM is supposed to help
there. My initial (confused) reading of this was that messages are
normally delivered according to RFC6121 rules, which causes them to land
in offline storage, be carbonated or be received by non-MIX clients.

It would be great to know how MIX is going to prevent this cataclysm.

Georg