[Standards] Questions regarding XEP-0363: HTTP File Upload

Daniel Gultsch daniel at gultsch.de
Wed Sep 7 11:34:31 UTC 2016

Hi,

you can implement upload access control in two ways. First of all the PUT
URL can differ from the GET URL. Thus the PUT Url can be kept secret. You
can put 'tokens' into the filepath of the URL itself. For example
https://server.tld/somegeneretadsecret/foo.png. On top of that you can make
those URLs write once. This is what most current implementations of HTTP
Upload do.

cheers
Daniel