[Standards] [XEP-0097] reviving iCal in XMPP

Goffi goffi at goffi.org
Fri Sep 9 14:15:08 UTC 2016

Le vendredi 9 septembre 2016, 09:00:48 CEST Sam Whited a écrit :
> On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 4:18 AM, Goffi <goffi at goffi.org> wrote:
> > but the bad side is that it is not XML, so a client would
> > need a specific parser (the basic information are not difficult to parse
> > though).
>
> I'm unsure of the state of this, but it may be worth a look:
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6321
>
> (although it's probably easier to use normal iCal format because many
> libraries already exist to prase it)
>
> —Sam

Oh thanks, didn't knew about it, it may make more sense in XMPP context.

So I'm not sure now which version suit the best, I actually think standardised XML version
make more sense.

If we go this way would it be better to do a new XEP and deprecate the former one or to
update the XEP-0097? I think a new one would actually be better.

Goffi