[Standards] UPDATED: XEP-0363 (HTTP File Upload)

Evgeny Khramtsov xramtsov at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 06:34:36 UTC 2017

Sun, 03 Dec 2017 19:01:58 -0000
Jonas Wielicki (XSF Editor) <jonas at wielicki.name> wrote:

> Version 0.4.0 of XEP-0363 (HTTP File Upload) has been released.

The new element <retry/> is added within *existing* namespace.
Now we have two different schemas with the same namespace. In the case
you don't care: why didn't you add it inside 'jabber:client' namespace,
then? Why do we need namespaces at all? Let's put any new elements
inside 'jabber:client'. Also, I remind, that RFC6120 Section 11.4 says:

> An implementation MAY choose to accept or send only data that has been
> explicitly validated against the schemas provided in this document,
> but such behavior is OPTIONAL

So, this rule doesn't apply to XEPs schemas? In the case it does, what
schema version should a server use to validate the content? In the case
it doesn't, what a server should do with unknown element within
*known* namespace (sic): dropping element? remain it untouched? The
latter case is meaningless, because the idea of server-side validation
is to prevent sending garbage to clients.