[Standards] UPDATED: XEP-0363 (HTTP File Upload)

Jonas Wielicki jonas at wielicki.name
Mon Dec 4 11:36:50 UTC 2017

On Montag, 4. Dezember 2017 09:53:59 CET Daniel Gultsch wrote:
> I was considering to just move it up by one level. Validation may or
> may not be an issue but I figured some libraries won't have a
> getExtension or getChildren method on the error class if they don't
> expect the class to have children.
> Are there any other examples of XEPs 'extending' the error element?

FWIW, the semantics of "it can be retried later" are essentially encoded in
type="wait".

Extending the error element in this way feels weird, because as you say it is
not a condition but an instruction, and implementations won’t expect this.

I also find it kind of weird to update a XEP which is currently under last
call. That makes it a moving target to comment against.

kind regards,
Jonas