[Standards] UPDATED: XEP-0363 (HTTP File Upload)

Kevin Smith kevin.smith at isode.com
Tue Dec 5 08:30:38 UTC 2017

On 4 Dec 2017, at 09:33, Evgeny Khramtsov <xramtsov at gmail.com> wrote:
> Serous question: I wonder where do you see the benefit in schema
>> validation? You (always) need a parser which ensures that protocol
>> requirements like "this attribute must exist", or "this attribute must
>> be a uint32_t" are fulfilled.
>
> I have this validator in ejabberd, yes. And if it's enabled, the stanza
> with <retry/> element will be rejected. And I consider this as a correct
> behaviour.

I think that’s ok, isn’t it?

I think the two options (as-is, or new namespace) are equivalent from your validator’s point of view:
1) As-is: previous version payloads are allowed through, new versions won’t be allowed through until the validator is updated
2) New namespace: previous version payloads are allowed through, new versions won’t be allowed through until the validator is updated

So I don’t think that on it’s own is necessarily a reason to bump the namespace, is it?

/K