[Standards] [XEP-0385] Some Questions

Daniel Gultsch daniel at gultsch.de
Tue Dec 5 10:18:05 UTC 2017

> You can happily do so without implementing the whole Jingle File Transfer
> XEP, you simply need to support parsing/serialization of the Jingle FT file
> element, which is there simply for the metadata. IMO it does not make much
> sense to duplicate this element again in every XEP that uses it.

If that's true I find the wording »Thus a client supporting this XEP
MUST implement Jingle File Transfer (XEP-0234) [2] and HTTP File
Upload (XEP-0363) [4].« confusing to say the least.

Also I noticed that thumbnails use BOB as a transfer method. I wonder
how this goes along with the statelessness premise of the XEP.

cheers
Daniel