[Standards] 2017-11-29 XMPP Council Meeting Minutes

Sam Whited sam at samwhited.com
Wed Dec 6 16:39:30 UTC 2017

On Wed, Dec 6, 2017, at 10:34, Kevin Smith wrote:
> The motivation in xep1 is that the outgoing Council members might have
> not given public feedback, due to being on Council, but that they could
> have feedback that should be taken into account. For the sake of two
> weeks, I’m not sure it’s worth shortcutting giving that opportunity here.

I don't think the two weeks matters necessarily but everyone on the
council now was previously a member and could have given feedback. If
they didn't then, I don't see why being on the council would make a
difference.

Standing on procedure like this is one of the reasons we lose things
around the time of the council transition and why things end up stuck in
a loop and never moving forward. On the one hand, I will make sure that
doesn't happen this time, on the other hand I don't like process for
processes sake and am very dissapointed that we still can't move forward
with this.

I was very much hoping to get a final vote on this by the end of the
year and with the holidays fast approaching I very much doubt that will
happen if we put it through LC again.

—Sam