[Standards] 2017-11-29 XMPP Council Meeting Minutes

Kevin Smith kevin.smith at isode.com
Wed Dec 6 17:03:16 UTC 2017

> On 6 Dec 2017, at 16:39, Sam Whited <sam at samwhited.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Dec 6, 2017, at 10:34, Kevin Smith wrote:
>> The motivation in xep1 is that the outgoing Council members might have
>> not given public feedback, due to being on Council, but that they could
>> have feedback that should be taken into account. For the sake of two
>> weeks, I’m not sure it’s worth shortcutting giving that opportunity here.
>
> I don't think the two weeks matters necessarily but everyone on the
> council now was previously a member and could have given feedback. If
> they didn't then, I don't see why being on the council would make a
> difference.

It’s the opposite case that xep1 is concerned with. A Council member might decide not to give feedback on standards@, knowing that they can give such feedback when voting, and such when they’re not on Council their not-yet-voiced comments might fail to be heard.

I suppose the compromise here would be for the outgoing Council to confirm they’ve no more feedback, and then I’ll rescind my -1 on that basis.

/K