[Standards] Interactions between PubSub and RSM

Emmanuel Gil Peyrot linkmauve at linkmauve.fr
Wed Dec 27 17:56:36 UTC 2017

Hi,

In PubSub[0] there is one example of using RSM[1] to say that only some
items have been sent[2].  I can’t find any mention of how to query the
rest, or how to (as a client) ask for a specific subset.

Movim[3] uses the <iq><pubsub><rsm:set/><pubsub:items/></pubsub></iq>
syntax[4], which seems to work at least on ejabberd, but I can’t find
anything specifying how this should work.

Should this be added to XEP-0060?  Or should this be another XEP?

Thanks,

[0] https://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0060.html
[1] https://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0059.html
[2] https://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0060.html#subscriber-retrieve-returnsome