[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Extensible In-Band Registration

Evgeny Khramtsov xramtsov at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 19:53:25 UTC 2017

Mon, 13 Feb 2017 11:24:32 -0600
Sam Whited <sam at samwhited.com> wrote:

> Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you want to use ad-hoc commands for;
> the server just sends the user "challenges" (which might be a data
> form, a POW function, an out-of-band link to click, etc.) and the user
> replies with results. I don't think there's anything to select or any
> "command" to execute except the initial "I am selecting the register
> stream fetaure".

Well, I just looked into REQUIREMENTS section, all of them can be
implemented using XEP-0050.
We can just extend XEP-0050 to allow including available command nodes
into <features/> and can easily send <command/> elements without any
wrapper (i.e. as nonzas) if you'd like to avoid stanzas. The only
problem is errors processing, but your XEP doesn't address this as well.