[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Extensible In-Band Registration

Sam Whited sam at samwhited.com
Mon Feb 13 19:58:14 UTC 2017

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 1:53 PM, Evgeny Khramtsov <xramtsov at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, I just looked into REQUIREMENTS section, all of them can be
> implemented using XEP-0050.
> We can just extend XEP-0050 to allow including available command nodes
> into <features/> and can easily send <command/> elements without any
> wrapper (i.e. as nonzas) if you'd like to avoid stanzas. The only
> problem is errors processing, but your XEP doesn't address this as well.

I'm still not sure what you're expecting the ad hoc commands to do;
can you send me a listing of some example adhoc commands? I think
there might be a misunderstanding about how this spec works; the
client does not select the challenges it wants, it just says "send me
challenges" and the server sends it some in an order defined by the
server. The client doesn't have any say in it.

—Sam