[Standards] Jingle (XEP-0166): Multiple contents in transport-info message?

Paul Schaub vanitasvitae at riseup.net
Fri Jul 28 19:57:24 UTC 2017

Hi! Sorry to bump this thread again, but this really bothers me.

Can someone give me a hint on what would be the most "jingly" way to
tackle jingle stanzas with multiple contents, which require more than
one response type?

I'm currently thinking about not supporting "multi-content"-stanzas at
all for now, but for the long run I'd really like to have a better solution.

The only options I see are the following:

1. Send multiple reponses

A -> content-add [content 1, content 2] -> B
A <- ack <- B
A <- content-accept [content 1] <- B
A -> ack -> B
A <- content-reject [content 2] <- B
A -> ack -> B

2. Send only positive response. The negative response would be implied
by the absence of the rejected content in the content-accept response.
If however B wants to reject all contents, B sends a content-reject
containing all contents.

A -> content-add [content 1, content 2] -> B
A <- ack <- B
A <- content-accept [content 1] <- B
A -> ack -> B

The first option would probably be preferable, since details (like
reasons) can be sent to the peer. I'm not sure though, if there are
other obstacles I don't see yet.