[Standards] XEP-0059 RSM Before, after, index combinations

Guus der Kinderen guus.der.kinderen at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 08:05:45 UTC 2019

Hello,

As far as I can tell, XEP-0059: Result Set Management does not clearly
state how requests that include a combination of the before, after and
index elements should be handled.

It does not appear to make much sense to allow for this. Without having
identified explicit use cases, I'd argue that the added complexity of
allowing combinations probably to outweigh any functional benefit. In any
case, I'd like to see the XEP updated to be more explicit.

Thoughts?

Regards,

  Guus