[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Message Fastening

Jonas Schäfer jonas at wielicki.name
Tue Dec 17 17:37:42 UTC 2019

On Mittwoch, 11. Dezember 2019 18:10:32 CET Kevin Smith wrote:
> > The <external/> element should always state the QName of the external
> > element. I suggest we normalize the namespace of <body/>, and the other
> > few elements that carry multiple namespaces, to jabber:client.
>
> I’ll go along with the majority here if more people provide feedback.

What exactly is a QName? prefix:foo? I find the syntax currently proposed by
Fastening better in that it doesn’t require to carry state about the XML tree
beyond the XML parser.

In any case, the namespace should *always* be explicitly specified with the
normalisation suggested by Florian (i.e. treat jabber:server and jabber:client
as equivalent and normalise them to jabber:client).

kind regards,
Jonas