[Standards] Council Minutes 2019-11-07

Tedd Sterr teddsterr at outlook.com
Wed Nov 13 14:32:55 UTC 2019

http://logs.xmpp.org/council/2019-11-07?p=h#2019-11-07-0b0f0c5ecb796661

1) Roll Call
Present: Kev, Dave, Georg, Link, Jonas

2) Agenda Bashing
Dave assume there's just XEP-0423; Georg wants to add something else just for the sake of it.

3) Advance to Draft: XEP-0423 (XMPP Compliance Suites 2020) - https://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0423.html
Jonas: +1
Georg: +1
Link: +1
Kev: +1 (big thank you to Ge0rG for sticking with this; this is the most useful CS we've had in as long as I can remember)
Dave: +1 (agree with Kev, this has been a lot of effort for Ge0rG, but has resulted in a much better document than we've had for a long time)

Dave thanks the rest of Council for attending this extra-special meeting and being prepared for it.
Jonas is also happy with the result, but less with (nearly) burning out all CS editors/authors - Georg admits he did have a period of feeling burnt-out shortly after starting on 0423.

4) Next Meeting
2019-11-13 1600 UTC

Dave notes that any further votes for this Council must be completed immediately, or will have to be raised again by the next Council.

5) AOB
Dave is pleased to see lots of candidates for Board and Council [1].

6) Close
Thanks all for this execeptional meeting.

[1] https://wiki.xmpp.org/web/Board_and_Council_Elections_2019