[Standards] Feedback to Compliance Suites 2020

JC Brand lists at opkode.com
Wed Oct 9 18:48:15 UTC 2019

On Wed, Oct 09, 2019 at 04:56:54PM +0200, Jonas Schäfer wrote:
> - Should we really require both BOSH and WebSockets for the Web Suite for
> clients? Maybe it makes more sense to require it both for Servers, but only
> one of them for clients, possibly even phasing out BOSH. (Disclaimer: I’m not
> a Web person).

Looking at footnote 14, it appears as if only one of the two is required for
compatibility, not both.

That said, I agree that supporting only one web connection mechanism is enough.

If only BOSH is supported, then XEP-0198 isn't needed since it's not compatible
with BOSH which in any case has its own session management protocol. This needs
to be made explicit.

Regards
JC