[Standards] XEP-0288 - Bidi - Maybe CFE?

Ruslan Marchenko me at ruff.mobi
Mon Sep 2 17:11:51 UTC 2019

Hi,

Am 11.01.2019 um 15:04 schrieb Philipp Hancke:
> Am 18.12.18 um 09:45 schrieb Dave Cridland:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I'm thinking of asking the Editor to issue a Call For Experience on
>> XEP-0288.
>>
>> I would do so now, but I'm not entirely sure who actually implements it.
>>
>> So, who does implement it? (And is your implementation open source)?
>
> I did, a long time ago in psyced. Its opensource but hasn't changed in
> ages. I still use it and it continues to work -- even though i seem to
> have had quite some issues with Dave's server at times.
>
> Its still useful, I always considered one-way s2s a bug caused by weak
> (or lacking) authentication mechanism in the initial design.

I've recently realized my bidi implementation lacks SASL External
outbound support - but when trying to implement it I figured my bidi
external test now fails because the target I used earlier for BIDI
end2end test (metronome.im) now dropped its support. So now wonder
whether there's any known issue with this so that no one supports it in
the wild? I have always thought this is the future state of s2s and
sooner or later everyone would move to it but it looks quite opposite.

Regards,

Ruslan