[Standards] MIX Join: JID or ID?

Steve Kille steve.kille at isode.com
Fri Apr 3 13:02:16 UTC 2020

Paul,

Apologies for my tardy response here.

>From XEP-0369 (MIX-CORE), the following should be deleted:  " as well as the
bare JID that will be used for the user in this channel and added to the
participant list".   In MIX-CORE, the real JIDs are always visible, and so
this text is not relevant.    I think it is desirable to strengthen the
text, to make clear that the stable ID is mandatory.

Hiding JIDs is covered in XEP-404.   The stable ID enables a user to
recognize itself, so there is no need for a JID to be returned.

XEP-0405 example as you note, misses out the mandatory stable ID.   This
needs fixing.

Let me know what you have sorted, and what you would like me to sort

Regards

Steve