[Standards] XEP-0313: pending 0.7 update review

Florian Schmaus flo at geekplace.eu
Mon Apr 6 15:17:31 UTC 2020

On 4/3/20 10:51 PM, Matthew Wild wrote:> Hi folks,

> XEP-0313 is a well-established protocol at this point, but didn't yet
> make it to the next stage in the standards process. Time to fix that!
> […]
> The PRs are here:
>
> XEP-0313: https://github.com/xsf/xeps/pull/922
> MAM Preferences: https://github.com/xsf/xeps/pull/920
> Pubsub MAM: https://github.com/xsf/xeps/pull/921
Thanks for the update Matt. Much appreciated.
> Feedback very welcome, but I hope we can get this wrapped up and
> advanced to Draft where it should be soon!

I think links to a rendered version of the XEPs would make them more
accessible and therefore increase the amount of feedback you'd receive.

I took the liberty to import the XEPs of your PRs into my repo [1]. This
repo gets automatically build and XEPs are published in HTML rendered form:

http://geekplace.eu/xeps/xep-mam/xep-mam.html
http://geekplace.eu/xeps/xep-mam-prefs/xep-mam-prefs.html
http://geekplace.eu/xeps/xep-pubsub-mam/xep-pubsub-mam.html

There is even a HTML diff of MAM:
http://geekplace.eu/xeps/xep-mam/diff-side-by-side.html
http://geekplace.eu/xeps/xep-mam/diff.html

With that, I shall start looking at your actual proposed changes and
ProtoXEPs. :)

- Florian

1: https://github.com/flowdalic/xeps