[Standards] LAST CALL: XEP-0357 (Push Notifications)

Andrew Nenakhov andrew.nenakhov at redsolution.com
Mon Apr 6 20:52:14 UTC 2020

ср, 1 апр. 2020 г. в 01:59, Denver Gingerich <denver at ossguy.com>:

> It might, but I have never found a client/server combination where both
> have implemented this XEP that causes notifications to be delivered to an
> iOS device.  Either the implementations I've used are broken, or this XEP
> is insufficient.
>
> In particular, I have tried recent Prosody and ejabberd versions with the
> respective "official" extensions for this XEP, along with the most recent
> Siskin, Monal, and Xabber versions.  All have failed to provide
> notification of incoming messages to the iPhone being tested (a 6S with the
> latest iOS - same on cell data and wifi).

Well, it definitely did work on Xabber. However, the key here is timing.
Latest iOS is likely the culprit - starting from iOS version 13.3 released
in december 2019, iOS is silencing background VoIP notification that Xabber
uses, so if you tried Xabber after december, it was unlikely to work. See
my previous email in this thread for a longer explanation.

Also, the app server is under development and is often switched off, so
this could also lead to an incorrect impression of it not working. If you
want to stage a test, I suggest you contact over email or XMPP (jid is same
as email) and we'll provide you a window where everything will be in a
working state. However, it will not be XEP-357 as it is written now but our
necessary (even forced) improvements over it.

--
Andrew Nenakhov
CEO, redsolution, OÜ