[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Quick Response

Andrew Nenakhov andrew.nenakhov at redsolution.com
Tue Apr 21 12:26:14 UTC 2020

вт, 21 апр. 2020 г. в 16:51, <syndace at web.de>:

> One example use-case for Quick Response is the memberbot, which asks
> yes/no multiple times during membership voting. Memberbot does not use a
> form to ask for yes/no, but a plaintext message. The idea of Quick Response
> is to enable memberbot to tell clients that "yes" and "no" are possible
> answers, so that clients can offer convenient UI to quickly select one of
> these possibilities. I think forms would be helplessly overkill here.

Well, forms are a good standard way of presenting a user with different
buttons and options. It can be used for any kind of bots in a fairly
straightforward way.
I think that bloating a number of XEPs that are to be supported by various
application developers is wrong way to go.

In short, we are unlikely to support this.

--
Andrew Nenakhov
CEO, redsolution, OÜ