[Standards] XMPP Council Agenda 2020-04-22

Jonas Schäfer jonas at wielicki.name
Tue Apr 21 17:12:07 UTC 2020

Hi everyone,

The next XMPP Council Meeting will take place on 2020-04-22 at 15:00Z in
xmpp:council at muc.xmpp.org?join. Everyone is welcome to join and give comments.

This agenda is composed from:

- Editor notifications to standards@
- xsf/xeps GitHub PRs marked as Needs Council
- Suggestions directly sent to me (see below)

Agenda as follows:

1) Roll Call

2) Agenda Bashing

* Feel free to pre-bash on-list or directly to me if you think something is
missing.

3) Editor’s Update

- Expired calls: None
- Calls in progress: None
- New ProtoXEP: Quick Response
- New ProtoXEP: Best practices for password hashing and storage

4) Items for voting

4a) Proposed XMPP Extension: Best practices for password hashing and storage
Abstract: This document outlines best practices for handling user passwords on
the public Jabber network for both clients and servers.

4b) Proposed XMPP Extension: Quick Response
Abstract: Quickly respond to automated messages.

4c) PR#935: XEP-0004: clarify that the submitting entity may omit optional
fields
It is not really spelled out that the submitting entity may omit fields not
flag on form fields is a strong hint towards this, it is worth to explicitly
state that.

4d) PR#926: XEP-0045: Clarify that the 307 status code should not be used
alongside 333 for user disconnects
Per discussion in xsf@ about the UX implications of showing user disconnects
as kicks.

4e) Start Last Call on XEP-0320: Use of DTLS-SRTP in Jingle Sessions
Abstract: This specification defines how to use DTLS-SRTP (RFC 5763) in the
Jingle application type for the Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) as a way to
negotiate media path key agreement for secure RTP in one-to-one media
sessions.

4f) Start Last Call on XEP-0339: Source-Specific Media Attributes in Jingle
Abstract: This specification provides an XML mapping for translating the RFC
5766 Source-Specific Media Attributes from SDP to Jingle

5) Outstanding Votes

- There are a few, check the Spreadsheet of Doom and vote on-list as
needed.

6) Date of Next

7) AOB

8) Close

End of Agenda.

Note that I am aiming for 30 minutes, but meetings may be extended as
necessary if all council members agree.

Meetings are normally held every Wednesday at 15:00 UTC in the
xmpp:council at muc.xmpp.org?join chatroom.
Meetings are open, and anyone (XSF Member or not) may attend, though only XMPP
Council members may vote. Relevant comments from the floor are welcomed.

Using your web browser, you can join anonymously via
https://xmpp.org/chat?council

Note that conversations in the room are logged publicly at
https://logs.xmpp.org/council/

If you have suggestions for an agenda item, you can message me via XMPP or
email at this address or at jonas at zombofant.net.

I aim to publish the Agenda on the day before the Council meeting before
19:00Z.

Thanks everyone,
Jonas