[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Simple JSON Messaging

Marvin W xmpp at larma.de
Wed Feb 19 11:05:44 UTC 2020

Hi,

On 2/19/20 1:33 AM, Dave Cridland wrote:
> But honestly I think choosing to go such a route would be overkill. I
> understand the sentiment, really I do, but the fact is people seem to
> look for the simplest solution to getting JSON over the XMPP session,
> and I think that's probably what we have here.
Are they really searching for JSON over XMPP or are they searching for
object over XMPP and it happens that JSON is a string only
representation of objects (that is commonly known) and thus can be
easily put in body which only takes strings? I would like to find and
fix the real issue that developers have with XMPP rather than
establishing a base for a bad practice that developers adopted because
of an issue. This XEP is rather trying to improve symptoms and not to
fix issues.

Marvin