[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Simple JSON Messaging

Paul Schaub vanitasvitae at fsfe.org
Wed Feb 19 11:11:56 UTC 2020

If they wanted to send objects via XMPP, they could simply serialize their data to XML.

I can see a use case for this XEP for people that just "want to get the job done".

IMHO it makes no sense to convert JSON to XML and back simply so that it pleases someone who is looking on what's send over the wire.