[Standards] XMPP Council Agenda for 2020-02-26

Jonas Schäfer jonas at wielicki.name
Tue Feb 25 15:53:52 UTC 2020

Hi everyone,

The next XMPP Council Meeting will take place on 2020-02-26 at 16:00Z in
xmpp:council at muc.xmpp.org?join. Everyone is welcome to join and give comments.

This agenda is composed from:

- Editor notifications to standards@
- xsf/xeps GitHub PRs marked as Needs Council
- Suggestions directly sent to me (see below)

Agenda as follows:

1) Roll Call

2) Agenda Bashing

* Feel free to pre-bash on-list or directly to me if you think something is
missing.

3) Editor’s Update

- ProtoXEP: Extended Channel Search
- Expired calls: CFE on XEP-0198, CFE on XEP-0368, LC on XEP-0398
- Calls in progress:

  - LC: XEP-0402 (PEP Native Bookmarks), ends: 2020-03-03
  - CFE: XEP-0066 (Out of Band Data), ends: 2020-03-10

4) Items for voting

4a) Decide on advancement of XEP-0398
Title: User Avatar to vCard-Based Avatars Conversion
Abstract:
This specification describes a method for using PEP based avatars and vCard
based avatars in parallel by having the user’s server do a conversion between
the two.

(The last call ends on 2020-02-26, so be sure to send in your feedback.)

4b) Decide on advancement of XEP-0198
Title: Stream Management
Abstract:
This specification defines an XMPP protocol extension for active management of
an XML stream between two XMPP entities, including features for stanza
acknowledgements and stream resumption.

(The CFE ends today, so be sure to send in your feedback if you haven’t
already.)

4c) Deviced on advancement of XEP-0368
Title: SRV records for XMPP over TLS
Abstract:
This specification defines a procedure to look up xmpps-client/xmpps-server
SRV records (for direct TLS connections) in addition to xmpp-client/xmpp-
server and mix weights/priorities.

(The CFE ends today, so be sure to send in your feedback if you haven’t
already.)

4d) Proposed XMPP Extension: Extended Channel Search
Abstract:
This specification provides a standardised protocol to search for public group
chats. In contrast to XEP-0030 (Service Discovery), it works across multiple
domains and in contrast to XEP-0055 (Jabber Search) it more clearly handles
extensibility.

4e) Authorship of XEP-0044
Title: Full Namespace Support for XML Streams
Abstract:
A description of the use of namespaces within Jabber.

5) Outstanding Votes

- There are a few, check the Spreadsheet of Doom and vote on-list as needed.

6) Date of Next

7) AOB

8) Close

End of Agenda.

Note that I am aiming for 30 minutes, but meetings may be extended as
necessary if all council members agree.

Meetings are normally held every Wednesday at 1600 UTC in the
xmpp:council at muc.xmpp.org?join chatroom.
Meetings are open, and anyone (XSF Member or not) may attend, though only XMPP
Council members may vote. Relevant comments from the floor are welcomed.

Using your web browser, you can join anonymously via
https://xmpp.org/chat?council

Note that conversations in the room are logged publicly at
https://logs.xmpp.org/council/

If you have suggestions for an agenda item, you can message me via XMPP or
email at this address or at jonas at zombofant.net.

I aim to publish the Agenda on the day before the Council meeting before
20:00Z.

Thanks everyone,
Jonas