[Standards] XEP-0384: Rejecting? [Was: Re: Proposed XMPP Extension: Ephemeral Messages]

Sam Whited sam at samwhited.com
Thu Jan 2 15:51:28 UTC 2020

On Thu, Jan 2, 2020, at 15:39, Dave Cridland wrote:
> So I should accept your assertion that it is possible, but not
> Philip's assertion on this list that it is not?

You should, because I have done so and shown that it was possible. At
the time you insisted that it didn't count because I had clearly copied
code from libsignal and it would therefore be encumbered in the same
way, and I pointed out that it was copied from NACL which is public
domain (libsignal also had clearly copied from here as all the comments
and much of the code was identical to NACLs).

I'm not sure why we keep having this discussion. It's been done.

—Sam