[Standards] Evaluating gitlab.com as new location for XEP Editor repositories (xeps+registar)

Kevin Smith kevin.smith at isode.com
Mon Jun 15 08:16:45 UTC 2020

Hi Jonas,

I agree with Sam that it is very desirable for PRs to be accepted on github, for the sake of contribution to the XSF - I *really* would not like to see the repo move. If it’s at all practical for us to stay there, I think that is the best option.

That said, if there is no other practical alternative to moving, I consider having a working Editor process/team to be the more important consideration. Contributions on GitHub that are never processed because we have no Editors willing to work with that tooling is worse than fewer contributions on GitLab that are handled. We are a volunteer org.

/K