[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Reminders

Marcos marcos at tenak.net
Sun Mar 1 23:08:38 UTC 2020

Hi,

thanks for your comments.

Andrew Nenakhov writes:

> пт, 28 февр. 2020 г. в 20:05, <marcos at tenak.net>:
>> While thinking on this, being able to set arbitrary content into the reminder
>> idea crossed my mind (specifically something along the lines of "please,
>> remind me of this message in 20m" and then the reminder actually store the
>> referenced message), but in the end I rather preferred to keep it simple.
>
> Just build a bot that would send you reminders. No need to bloat the
> already huge number of extensions,

Having the reminder implemented with a bot doesn't eliminate the need of
defining (somewhere) how would you tell such a bot to set up a reminder.
I think that having the format of the requests specified can be
interesting, specially to XMPP clients so they can interoperate with any
"reminder bot" available out there.

I don't see "bloat", I see convenience.

Best regards,
--