[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Reminders

Andrew Nenakhov andrew.nenakhov at redsolution.com
Mon Mar 2 09:30:11 UTC 2020

пн, 2 мар. 2020 г. в 04:10, Marcos <marcos at tenak.net>:
> > Just build a bot that would send you reminders. No need to bloat the
> > already huge number of extensions,
>
> Having the reminder implemented with a bot doesn't eliminate the need of
> defining (somewhere) how would you tell such a bot to set up a reminder.
> I think that having the format of the requests specified can be
> interesting, specially to XMPP clients so they can interoperate with any
> "reminder bot" available out there.
>
> I don't see "bloat", I see convenience.

Convenience for whom? For developers of 50+ XMPP clients,  who would
have to consider support for yet another obscure XEP?

Speaking of bots, clients can interact with them in a very convenient
way using Data Forms (a long-neglected XEP-0004, which actually has a
lot of potential for lots of various things, we definitely plan to
build good support for them).

--
Andrew Nenakhov
CEO, redsolution, OÜ