[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Reminders

Florian Schmaus flo at geekplace.eu
Mon Mar 2 09:48:11 UTC 2020

On 2/27/20 5:43 PM, Jonas Schäfer (XSF Editor) wrote:

> Title: Reminders
> Abstract:
> This specification provides a way to set up reminders.

I think creating/canelling a reminder should rather be an ad-hoc command
and not an IQ. This way, clients do not need to implement another IQ
protocol-flow, but can re-use their (potentially) existing ad-hoc
infrastructure.

Also  § 5.2 / Example 7 "Server sends a reminder" should include just a

The 'timezone' attribute in <date/> is not necessary, xep82 data-time
profiles already encode the timezone (the 'Z' at the end of the String).

- Florian