[Standards] Call for Experience: XEP-0184: Message Delivery Receipts

Andrew Nenakhov andrew.nenakhov at redsolution.com
Wed Mar 4 10:04:25 UTC 2020

ср, 4 мар. 2020 г. в 11:10, Philipp Hörist <philipp at hoerist.com>:

> Am Di., 3. März 2020 um 21:19 Uhr schrieb Andrew Nenakhov <andrew.nenakhov at redsolution.com>:
>>

>> I think this XEP should be obsoleted in favour of XEP-0333 Chat
>> Markers, which does all that XEP-0184 does, plus something more.
> Why would someone depreacte a spec that is implemented in nearly every client in existence, for something that does, best case, exactly the same?

That's what I was asking when learned about deprecating XEP-0071.

But seriously, 0184 is a half-baked XEP that does only half the job
done. XMPP is currently extremely bloated with redundant XEPs, and
instead of trimming it down and streamlining it, you suggest setting
an already obsolete XEP in stone. If anyone here is worried about
bringing this protocol to the masses, it's not the way to go.

--
Andrew Nenakhov
CEO, redsolution, OÜ