[Standards] XMPP Council Agenda 2020-05-06

Jonas Schäfer jonas at wielicki.name
Tue May 5 19:17:15 UTC 2020

Hi everyone,

The next XMPP Council Meeting will take place on 2020-05-06 at 15:00Z in
xmpp:council at muc.xmpp.org?join. Everyone is welcome to join and give comments.

This agenda is composed from:

- Editor notifications to standards@
- xsf/xeps GitHub PRs marked as Needs Council
- Suggestions directly sent to me (see below)

Agenda as follows:

1) Roll Call

2) Agenda Bashing

* Feel free to pre-bash on-list or directly to me if you think something is
missing.

3) Editor’s Update

- Expired calls:

  - LC for XEP-0280 expired without feedback.

- Calls in progress:

  - LC for XEP-0320 (ends at 2020-05-19)
  - LC for XEP-0339 (ends at 2020-05-19)

4) Items for voting

4a) Decide on Advancement of XEP-0280: Message Carbons

4b) Request LC for XEP-0393: Message Styling
Abstract: This specification defines a formatted text syntax for use in
instant messages with simple text styling.

4c) Proposed XMPP Extension: Channel Binding Pseudomechanisms
Abstract: A method for advertising and negotiating types of channel binding
supported by SCRAM based SASL mechanisms.

5) Outstanding Votes

- There are a few, check the Spreadsheet of Doom and vote on-list as
needed.

6) Date of Next

7) AOB

8) Close

End of Agenda.

Note that I am aiming for 30 minutes, but meetings may be extended as
necessary if all council members agree.

Meetings are normally held every Wednesday at 15:00 UTC in the
xmpp:council at muc.xmpp.org?join chatroom.
Meetings are open, and anyone (XSF Member or not) may attend, though only XMPP
Council members may vote. Relevant comments from the floor are welcomed.

Using your web browser, you can join anonymously via
https://xmpp.org/chat?council

Note that conversations in the room are logged publicly at
https://logs.xmpp.org/council/

If you have suggestions for an agenda item, you can message me via XMPP or
email at this address or at jonas at zombofant.net.

I aim to publish the Agenda on the day before the Council meeting before
19:00Z.

Thanks everyone,
Jonas