[Standards] Fwd: [Uta] STARTTLS vulnerabilities

Sam Whited sam at samwhited.com
Wed Aug 11 21:21:03 UTC 2021

In my experience it's widely supported these days.

Out of the 119 providers on the jabber.at server list 74 of them (62%)
have xmpps records (though I did not test whether these resulted in a
successful connection with a reasonable TLS configuration). I also don't
know if clients prioritize these records over starttls.

—Sam