[Standards] [XEP-0060] removing exception for last item when doing a node purge

goffi goffi at goffi.org
Thu Aug 26 07:01:36 UTC 2021

Hi Jonas

Le 2021-08-18 17:16, Jonas Schäfer a écrit :

> The current idea is to put a note in the text like this into the
> document to
> help clients with servers which actually do the MAY thing:

> despite the
> purge request. In such a case and if an entity needs to be certain that
> all
> items have been deleted, a query for the remaining items after a purge
> combined with a specific retraction request for the remaining items
> should be
> used.</p>
>
> Any opinions?

I'm not sure about this extra text, as it means that there is still a
slight doubt if the item is remaining, and client has to do an extra and
probably useless request each time.
Regarding the lack of feedback I suppose that all implementation in the
wild are removing all items, and if the PR is applied then letting 1
item should be reported as a bug IMO.

Regards
Goffi