[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: DOAP usage in XMPP

Sam Whited sam at samwhited.com
Wed Jan 13 18:23:49 UTC 2021

I'd like to recommend that we do not publish this spec in its current
form. The XML community has the tendency to over-engineer everything to
try and reuse schemas as much as possible which just makes things more
difficult for no reason. This is a handful of simple key/value pairs, it
doesn't need to use RDF or whatever the "schema" prefix means.

If this spec is moved forward please consider either adding a JSON
representation since this is mostly for the web and is effectively just
a set of key-value pairs which probably makes JSON a better format for
storing it, or a simplified XML representation that can be completely
defined in this document and exists in a single namespace.

—Sam

--
Sam Whited