[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: DOAP usage in XMPP

Matthew Wild mwild1 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 20:27:19 UTC 2021

On Wed, 13 Jan 2021, 19:43 Sam Whited, <sam at samwhited.com> wrote:

> I do not believe this is an appropriate technology whether it's an
> existing specification or not. It's just too complicated.

It's really not. It's also easy to generate, so feel free to have a
different canonical format for your projects (a Lua DSL does tempt me,
personally...).

But for external tools to collect and gather data from an array of
projects, DOAP is the existing standard interchange format for this kind of
data and we should use it.

The alternative is some custom format that we will need to bikeshed,
document, version and maintain. I'm not keen on it.

Regards,
Matthew