[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: DOAP usage in XMPP

Jonas Schäfer jonas at wielicki.name
Thu Jan 14 16:25:41 UTC 2021

On Mittwoch, 13. Januar 2021 22:59:23 CET Sam Whited wrote:
> I hate to go down the rabbit trail of what "widely used means" but we
> seem to have different definitions of that too. The vast majority of
> projects on the web do not appear to use this format. Some do, but they
> seem to be a very small minority (albeit from a very very small sample
> of me searching specifically for projects that do use it, which should
> weight towards using it, and then picking a bunch of random projects
> that I use myself and seeing which ones use it).
>
> I am not concerned with making something that is perfect over something
> that is good, I would settle for something that is mediocre over
> actively harmful and bad.
>
> If effort is the concern, I will happily create and document an
> alternative just to avoid the over engineered mess we seem to want to
> find ourselves in.

Oh, and to add: This was first brought up in July 2019 [1], discussion was
furthered a month later and you have been silent for 1.5 years on this --
starting to complain after people have invested is not fair to anyone.

regards,
Jonas

   [1]: https://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/standards/2019-July/036307.html