[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Call Invites

Jonas Schäfer jonas at wielicki.name
Wed Jan 5 16:15:15 UTC 2022

On Dienstag, 4. Januar 2022 18:55:01 CET Jonas Schäfer wrote:

> Title: Call Invites
> Abstract:
> This document defines how to invite someone to a call and how to
> respond to the invite.

Looks sensible to me in general, two notes though:

- Some clarity about who sends messages to whom would be nice, i.e. the roles
of the different entities. For instance, in the presence of the `jid`
attribute on a `jingle` element in the initial invite, it's not clear to me
where I'd send a `<left/>` message to. (maybe have a Dramatis Personae /
Glossary section?)

- Some notes in the security considerations about what a malicious actor could
or cannot achieve with external URIs and `jid` attributes would probably be
sensible (even if it's just "well that's what happens when you enter a call
with someone, and you know with whom you enter a call because of the
(unspoofable) @from", it's not obvious to me).

- A requirements section would be nice :).

kind regards,
Jonas