<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=Windows-1252">
<style type="text/css" style="display:none;"> P {margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;} </style>
</head>
<body dir="ltr">
<div style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">
<a href="https://logs.xmpp.org/council/2021-01-06?p=h#2021-01-06-750969cd5c94569f">https://logs.xmpp.org/council/2021-01-06?p=h#2021-01-06-750969cd5c94569f</a><br>
<div><br>
</div>
<div><b>1) Roll Call</b></div>
<div>Present: Dave, Jonas, Zash, Georg, Daniel</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div><b>2) Agenda Bashing</b></div>
<div>Jonas checks whether anyone wishes to mutate the agenda - having enjoyed the experience several times already this week, Georg (the masochist) invites everyone to spend twenty minutes explaining how they marked the year increment - Jonas considers that
 an appropriate addition to AOB.</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div><b>3) Editor's Update</b></div>
<div>* Updated: XEP-0372 (References)</div>
<div>* New ProtoXEP: MUC Mention Notifications</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div><b>4a) Proposed XMPP Extension: MUC Mention Notifications</b> - <a href="https://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/muc-mention-notifications.html">
https://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/muc-mention-notifications.html</a><br>
</div>
<div>Dave: +1</div>
<div>Daniel: +1</div>
<div>Zash: [on-list]</div>
<div>Georg: [on-list]</div>
<div>Jonas: [on-list]</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>Georg thinks this should be configurable per member, not just per room by admin, otherwise mentioning somebody in all rooms you're present in could serve as a DoS redirection vector.</div>
<div>Jonas notes a typo: " is encapsulated inside a Server IP Check (XEP-0279) [5] element" [should be 'Stanza Forwarding (XEP-0297)'.]</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div><b>5) Pending Votes</b></div>
<div>Stanza Multiplexing expired during the break.</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div><b>6) Date of Next</b></div>
<div>2021-01-13 1600 UTC</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div><b>7) AOB</b></div>
<div>Jonas encourages enthralling tales of New Year's Eve; also pokes Dave about a certain video call - Dave pretends to know exactly what that means. Apparently, most spent their evening watching other people's firework displays.</div>
<div>Daniel suggests a breakout session during Summit - Dave wonders what planning has occurred so far in that regard (should ask Board to ask SCAM to keep Council informed) - Daniel notes that the FOSDEM date has been fixed (6-7 February [1]), but SCAM has
 made no plans as yet. Jonas and Zash question the need to stick to the pre-FOSDEM date given the lack of physical presence - Daniel expects the date is as good as any other, and organising an alternative would be additional overhead [and we're really good
 at organising video calls!]</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div><b>8) Close</b></div>
<div>Thanks all, thanks Tedd, thanks Jonas, thanks all, thanks Jonas.</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>[1] <a href="https://fosdem.org/2021/">https://fosdem.org/2021/</a><br>
<br>
</div>
</div>
</body>
</html>