[Summit] [Standards] XMPP the future of whiteboarding

Boyd Fletcher boyd.fletcher at je.jfcom.mil
Mon Jun 23 11:37:37 CDT 2008

I think its important to point our that ours also uses SVG and we have a
production implementation in our client TransVerse
(https://xmpp.je.jfcom.mil) and we have a server plugin for Jive Openfire.

There is also no reason our approach couldn't be leveraged by other open
source projects.

Our implementation was designed to work with large number of concurrent
whiteboard users, leverage the permissions from the associated MUC room, and
handle conducting presentations over the whiteboard protocol. Outside of
basic chat, the major enterprise use of collaboration technologies is to
conduct distributed meetings/briefings so being able to handle controlled
briefings is quite important to the viability of any whiteboarding solution.