[Summit] Introduction

Nathan Bell nathan at intrigomedia.com
Wed Jun 25 17:01:37 CDT 2008

Hi all!
The upcoming.org listing said that if I want to show my face at the
summit then I better introduce myself on this listserv first, so here I
am attempting to do just that! :)

My name's Nathan Bell, I co-founded and run a smallish web app
development firm in Portland, OR and I've recently switched roles from
being lead developer to working full time on "special projects", a fancy
title for "go work on some open source stuff and don't bother the other
developers".  I'm currently interested in the open web, as described by
those working on OpenID, OAuth and within the DiSo effort.  I follow the
social at xmpp.org mailing list and am interested in non-IM ways to utilize
XMPP (XMPP as a social networking notification bus being one such use).

In my new position I'll be splitting my time between contributing what I
can to the DiSo project, contributing code to the http://communit.as
project which is an unreleased but soon to be open source social
networking platform rooted here in Portland (I'll be porting DiSo WP
plugins to it eventually), and tinkering with whatever else meets my fancy.

I'm looking forward to seeing lots of super bright people milling around
Portland next month and to meeting some of you in person for the first time!
-Nathan

--
Nathan Bell
Partner; Special Projects