[Summit] Prepaid cellphones

Florian Jensen admin at flosoft.biz
Tue Feb 3 16:19:14 CST 2009

Belgium is a 100% prepaid country. Contracts are rarely seen, as you
can't get free phones with it. Hence everything is pre-paid. That
said, I can roam data cheaper with my UK card in Belgium than with my
Belgian card.

The most reliable network is Proxmimus. They have their pre-paid
service Pay & Go. Just go into a shop, buy a P&G sim and use it.
Normally it's 25€ for the card with 25€ credit.

Data is 49ct / 5 mins. Use WiFi. Data in Belgium is useless, but very
very very fast and reliable. Having seen the UK, I fell in love with
Belgian 3G. It's just so much faster. And you can actually use it in
the Metro and in a building.

Greets,

Florian Jensen