[Summit] topics for Monday morning

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Tue Feb 1 20:20:52 CST 2011

My apologies for not having produced an agenda for Monday morning's
discussions. Two things I'd like us to discuss are:

1. XEP-0198 (see recent thread on the standards at xmpp.org list)

2. Distributed MUC, i.e., I'm hoping we can come to consensus about
which of the following approaches (or some hybrid, or something else
entirely) are most appealing architecturally and technically:

   http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0281.html

   http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0282.html

   http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0289.html

I'd appreciate it if those who are interested could review those specs
before Monday.

We'll probably have 2.5 hours on Monday morning, so I think we have room
for other topics. If you want to give a presentation or lead a
discussion, please let me know.

Possible other topics:

3. Digital Signatures. Kurt, would you be willing to lead a discussion
and provide some readings?

4. Jingle file transfer. We have a relatively small list of open issues,
but I don't have a good handle on what they are because I haven't made
the time to review all the relevant specs. Would anyone else like to
lead this? I might have time to prepare something before the end of the
day Friday if all goes well.

5. Server Dialback. Dave, do you want to lead a brief discussion about
this? (Issues that arose during Last Call, "dialback without dialback",
TLS + dialback, etc.)

That's it for now, I'll try to post more tomorrow.