[Summit] topics for the 2013 XMPP Summit

Peter Waher Peter.Waher at clayster.com
Mon Dec 17 15:52:45 UTC 2012

Hello

Even though I'll not be able to come to the summit, I'd like to add my thoughts to what Simon Tennant just said:

HTTP over XMPP is very interesting to us. Not for web 1.0 or web 2.0 applications, but for web 3.0 (semantic web) applications. To be able to fully extend the semantic web to include xmpp-based resources, one way (and the best, most flexible, according to my opinion) is to tunnel HTTP requests over XMPP. This would make it possible, for instance, to include data encoded using semantic technologies (RDF, Turtle, RDFa, etc.), to be accessed by SPARQL-endpoints (implementing this feature), which in turn would be of exceptional interest in IoT applications, since it would remove dependencies on network topology (i.e. gateways and firewalls), as well as adding client authentication, encryption, etc., in all semantic/sensor communications, etc.

If anybody wishes to pursue this topic, please contact me, or invite me in any such discussions. I'm very interested to partake in any such efforts, resulting in XEP's in this area.

Sincerely,
Peter Waher