[Summit] FOSDEM talk proposal: Challenges in XMPP and SIP interoperability

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Sun Dec 30 01:11:29 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I'd like to propose the following talk for the FOSDEM devroom:

Presenter: Saúl Ibarra Corretgé

Short Bio: Saúl is passionate developer who focuses on SIP, XMPP and Real Time Communications. Starting in 2005 Saúl became familiar with VoIP technologies such as Asterisk and OpenSIPS and then continued his career as a software developer focused in VoIP and what goes beyond it.

Ttitle: Challenges in XMPP and SIP interoperability

Abstract: Being the most relevant protocols for realtime communications it stands to reason that interoperating between SIP and XMPP has gains to both. I spent most of 2012 implementing such a gateway and while the xmpp-sip drafts helped a lot there were gaps that needed to be filled. I'll walk through the implementation decisions and challenges we found along the road.

Thanks and regards,

PS: I'd also like to attend the summit, if I need to be on some list, can someone add me there? Thanks!

--
Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects