[Summit] BOSH vs Websocket Benchmarks/Loadtest

Stefan Strigler steve at zeank.in-berlin.de
Wed Oct 31 17:02:26 UTC 2012

Hi there!

Sorry for not haven't been able to attend the hangout. :-/

Still it has come to my attention that some folks at Erlang Solutions did a bit of benchmarking on ejabberd's BOSH vs Websockets. If I got it right it was about server loads at this point. Anything already published on the web about this? Any chance to get the slides or whatsoever?

Motivated by Winfried I still plan to do some little benchmarking regarding client side effects. Also now I'd like to do the same loadtests as ES did on node-xmpp-bosh and maybe compare the results. Might be quite interesting I think.

Greetings, Steve