[Summit] FOSDEM talk proposal on webinos and massive service disco

Klos, V.B. (Victor) victor.klos at tno.nl
Thu Jan 3 13:20:13 UTC 2013

dear all,

We would like to give a talk too, hope we are not too late. Too much focus on X-mas I suppose ... :-)
Maybe we would fit nicely next to Matthew?

cheers,
Victor and Eelco

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Names of presenters: Victor Klos and Eelco Cramer

Short bio Victor Klos: Creative with Technology. Always looking to combine existing and state-of-the-art technologies in new ways. My aim is to forge new applications and services that are usable and actually make a difference in the lives of people. Strong focus on privacy-awareness. Currently sr. innovator at TNO, a renowned research institute in the Netherlands.

Short bio Eelco Cramer: Applied researcher in the field of Internet of Services and Applications. Fascinated by the almost endless possibilities of the Internet and smart devices. Special interest in communication protocols. Driven to design and prototype new and better services and applications. Currently also working at TNO.

Title: Massive service discovery for webinos and M2M

Type: Presentation

Time: 30 minutes

Abstract: The webinos project (http://webinos.org/) has investigated the use of XMPP as its messaging protocol. Part of this effort was presented last year during FOSDEM (https://archive.fosdem.org/2012/schedule/event/webinos_and_xmpp). Especially in the area of large scale ('massive') service discovery progression is made. We present a qualitative and quantitative comparison between our webinos-specific XMPP extensions and other M2M paradigms. Included is a sneak preview of our upcoming scientific paper on this subject, as well as a Proof of Concept that demonstrates the webinos approach.

URLs: webinos project (http://webinos.org/), TNO (http://tno.nl/en).

[cid:image002.png at 01CDE9BD.70E307B0]

Ir. Victor Klos
Senior Innovator Multimedia Technology