[Summit] FOSDEM / Summit / GSoC

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.pro
Sat Dec 5 20:54:42 UTC 2015

It occurred to me that the Friday afternoon, tail end of the summit,
could also be a useful time to meet with potential GSoC applicants who
travel to FOSDEM.

This could also be an activity that is not strictly XMPP, for
collaboration with other RTC projects who would like to take GSoC students.

I understand the Google GSoC team have had a presence at some events in
the past so we could also contact them to see if they have a presence at
FOSDEM and if there is any opportunity to jointly publicize anything
like this.

The aim of this would be to identify qualified candidates as early as
possible, this makes the program easier for mentors who may otherwise
have to handle dozens of email applications.